BUSINESS AND EMPLOYMENT HUB
Yarpa: We will walk with you
The NSW Aboriginal Land Council (NSWALC) has partnered with the
Australian Government, under the Indigenous Business Sector
Strategy (IBSS), to design and deliver the NSW Indigenous Business
and Employment Hub (the Yarpa Hub).
The Yarpa Hub is a one-stop-shop for Indigenous businesses,
entrepreneurs and job seekers to build relationships and connect
Indigenous people to business and employment opportunities.
Employers wishing to hire Indigenous Australians or engage
Indigenous businesses in their supply chain will also be assisted
to access the most appropriate service or advice. NSWALC will
deliver the Hub in close collaboration with the Australian and NSW
Governments to ensure Indigenous businesses and job seekers can get
the support they need quickly and easily.
The Yarpa Hub is a place for Indigenous Businesses to build their
capabilities and streamline their access to various services and
supports. This includes:
- connection into a range of business opportunities across Greater
Western Sydney and NSW
- connect with like-minded leaders in their fields and other
Indigenous business owners;
- advice, mentoring and training from our Business Development
- direct access to office space and administrative resources
The Yarpa team will also work closely with industry leaders and
various government agencies to:
- connect with Indigenous business;
- advertise and promote procurement and employment opportunities
available to indigenous businesses; and
- support Tier 1 providers and Government agencies to fulfil their
Indigenous procurement targets.
The Yarpa Hub is a culturally safe space for Indigenous job
seekers and people wanting to develop their career. The Yarpa team
will identify and support individual pathways for Indigenous people
to expand their opportunities and find meaningful long-term
employment. Additional supports will include:
- links to employment opportunities across a range of
- connect with like-minded people;
- advice, mentoring and training that will increase employment
- access to culturally focused employment resources and
A voice for the Business sector
In December 2018, the Yarpa Hub hosted an Indigenous Business
Breakfast to launch its service offering and foster an engaging
conversation to identify the barriers and solutions to an effective
Indigenous Procurement sector.
For further information on the Yarpa Hub, please contact our
team on 1300 017 177.