NSW INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AND EMPLOYMENT HUB
Yarpa: We will walk with you
The NSW Aboriginal Land Council (NSWALC) has partnered with the Australian Government, under the Indigenous Business Sector Strategy (IBSS), to design and deliver the NSW Indigenous Business and Employment Hub (the Yarpa Hub).
The Yarpa Hub is a one-stop-shop for Indigenous businesses, entrepreneurs and job seekers to build relationships and connect Indigenous people to business and employment opportunities.
Employers wishing to hire Indigenous Australians or engage Indigenous businesses in their supply chain will also be assisted to access the most appropriate service or advice. NSWALC will deliver the Hub in close collaboration with the Australian and NSW Governments to ensure Indigenous businesses and job seekers can get the support they need quickly and easily.
The Yarpa Hub is a place for Indigenous Businesses to build their capabilities and streamline their access to various services and supports. This includes:
- connection into a range of business opportunities across Greater Western Sydney and NSW
- connect with like-minded leaders in their fields and other Indigenous business owners;
- advice, mentoring and training from our Business Development Advisors; and
- direct access to office space and administrative resources
The Yarpa team will also work closely with industry leaders and
various government agencies to:
- connect with Indigenous business;
- advertise and promote procurement and employment opportunities available to indigenous businesses; and
- support Tier 1 providers and Government agencies to fulfil their Indigenous procurement targets.
The Yarpa Hub is a culturally safe space for Indigenous job seekers and people wanting to develop their career. The Yarpa team will identify and support individual pathways for Indigenous people to expand their opportunities and find meaningful long-term employment. Additional supports will include:
- links to employment opportunities across a range of sectors;
- connect with like-minded people;
- advice, mentoring and training that will increase employment opportunities; and
- access to culturally focused employment resources and supports.
A voice for the Business sector
In December 2018, the Yarpa Hub hosted an Indigenous Business Breakfast to launch its service offering and foster an engaging conversation to identify the barriers and solutions to an effective Indigenous Procurement sector.
For further information on the Yarpa Hub, please contact our team on (02) 9689 4481.