NSWALC has 5 Zone Offices across NSW. They represent the LALCs in their zone, and provide a range of different services and resources through NSWALC.
Staff at Zone Offices work closely with many NSWALC units to provide a variety of general and specialist support, advice, and assistance to LALCs with:
- Compliance with statutory responsibilities for funding under the ALRA and maintenance of the Risk Assessment System (RAS) for monitoring of compliance
- NSWALC’s annual operational grants program and release of grants
- Operational matters, governance, financial and Community Land and Business Plans (CLBPs)
- Management of social housing and other CBSs
- Legal advice on land dealings and Native Title matters
- Training to build capacity
- Preservation and protection of Aboriginal culture and heritage
- Government and other stakeholder negotiations.
Zone staff play a key role in assisting LALCs with ongoing performance improvement and capacity building on the network.
Contact your local Zone office here: