Land Dealings 02 – What LALCs should consider before Dealing with Land
CATEGORY: Land Council

When Local Aboriginal Land Councils (LALCs) have established that they want to deal with land vested in them (see Fact Sheet 1), they should obtain a title search of the land. If the LALC has a credit card, this can be obtained from one of the information brokers on the Land and Property Information NSW website (link: Information brokers – Land and Property Information). LALCs will also need to know the street address or the Lot, Section and
Deposited Plan of the land. These details can be obtained from a rates notice or a Valuer-General’s valuation.