20 May 2020
Consultation on the Draft NSWALC Strategic Plan Supplement 2020-2021
The New South Wales Aboriginal Land Council (NSWALC) is seeking your feedback on the draft NSWALC Strategic Plan Supplement 2020-2021.
Please provide your comments to NSWALC by Friday, 19 June 2020. Details on how to have a say are below.
NSWALC STRATEGIC PLAN 2018 – 2022
NSWALC’s Strategic Plan 2018-2022 (available at www.alc.org.au) sets out our agenda to secure a better future for Aboriginal peoples in NSW and to maximise the social, cultural, economic and political potential of our land and people. NSWALC’s goals over the next five years are to:
1. Secure Our Land and Water Rights
2. Protect Our Culture and Heritage
3. Pursue Economic Independence and Prosperity for Our Peoples
4. Support Our People
5. Secure Our Future
DRAFT ANNUAL STRATEGIC PLAN SUPPLEMENT 2020-21
NSWALC is seeking feedback on the enclosed draft annual Strategic Plan Supplement 2020-21.
The draft annual Strategic Plan Supplement includes:
• Our strategies for the financial year ahead for achieving NSWALC’s long-term objectives and goals set out in our Strategic Plan 2018-2022, including our strategies to develop or acquire necessary human resources and skills to implement our proposals; and
• Our stretch targets to motivate our efforts to higher aspirations and attainments. These targets are set at the outer limits of what could be achievable. Our stretch targets remain deliberately high, as we are determined to see our people and our efforts driven by high expectations.
HOW NSWALC’S STRATEGIC PLANNING WORKS
The Strategic Plan and annual Strategic Plan Supplement serve as NSWALC’s Community, Land and Business Plan in accordance with section 137A of the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 NSW (ALRA).
This approach integrates NSWALC’s budget and planning on an annualised basis, and structures reporting to Council and the Network around the strategic plan.
This financial year we will be placing a stronger emphasis on regular reporting to Local Aboriginal Land Councils by committing to quarterly reports in addition to our annual report.
Each year annual supplements will be prepared to detail the key strategies and targets for the year ahead. NSWALC will consult with LALCs, members and Aboriginal Owners in the development of the annual supplement.
Please follow the links below for the NSWALC:
HOW TO HAVE YOUR SAY
All comments are welcome. Comments should be received by Friday, 19 June 2020, and can be submitted via the following:
POST: Governance Unit
PO Box 1125
Parramatta NSW 2124
The Council is looking to the future and looks forward to hearing your feedback.
If you wish to discuss the draft NSWALC Strategic Plan Supplement 2020-2021, please contact the Governance Unit on 02 9689 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org