10 April 2019
NSWALC Fishing Fund and Fishing Advisory Committee
In 2019 NSWALC will be launching the NSWALC Fishing Fund.
What is the NSWALC Fishing Fund?
The Fund is to support the growth and development of the NSW Aboriginal fishing industry and to achieve long term economic opportunities for Aboriginal communities.
Funding will be provided to support Aboriginal people to undertake commercial fishing activities in the following fishing industries:
· Wild harvesting
· Aqua culture fishing
· Charter fishing
Funding can be used to support an existing business or establish a new business.
What is the NSWALC Fishing Advisory Committee?
The Fishing Advisory Committee will be responsible for assessing funding applications and providing recommendations, advice and direction to the Council on the applications.
Fishing Advisory Committee Member Positions
NSWALC is seeking people with significant experience and knowledge of the commercial fishing industry for independent membership of its Fishing Advisory Committee.
Members of the Committee will be selected for their skills, experience and knowledge and Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply. Selection criteria include:
· Knowledge of, and experience in, the NSW fishing industry, including aquaculture
· Knowledge of, and experience in, the NSW tourism industry, including charter fishing.
· Knowledge and experience in business, especially within the Aboriginal business sector.
· Experience working with Aboriginal communities and Aboriginal organisations.
· Strong networks in relevant business communities.
If you, or anyone you know is interested in being on the Committee and meets at least two of the above criteria they are encouraged to contact Strategy and Policy for more information, email email@example.com or phone (02) 9689 4520.
Applications close 5pm Friday 26th April 2019.